Tuesday, December 4, 2018

It's Begun To Look A Lot Like Carismus!!


I haven't written for a while but I find it hard to open up sometimes.  The holiday season has begun and I won't be doing a lot of shopping this season.  My husband and I aren't flyingor driving  anywhere to visit any of our daughters and their families.  I find that I am not keen to put up any decorations although I have put a wreath on the door.

Despite it not being winter yet, we have had a blizzard and various other types of precipitation that discourage me from setting foot outside if I can avoid it, and avoid it I do.  I have to force myself to go to the gym but once I am there I really enjoy it.

I used to love drinking hot apple cider, eating Dutch windmill cookies with almonds, and making Christmas decorations.  My girls were under 10 and we lived in Old Town Alexandria.  There wasn't a lot of money for real decorations or toys.  We were blessed by our family, including my former in-laws, at the holidays.  If not for our family, Christmas would have been very grim indeed.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Marge -- I love hot apple cider. My grandmother always put a whole cinnamon stick in it when we were kids. We don't go in much for presents. It's more about being together and remembering all we have been blessed with. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete