Sunday, December 9, 2018

Christmas Memories


On e December day, when I was a little girl about the age of 5, my Dad took me to the military base where he was stationed.  I don't know where my sister Lizzie was.  He took me up some steps, through a double-wide pair of doors.  The place was crammed with kids and their dads, none of whom I knew.  Inside, sitting on a throne was Santa Claus and he was holding up a red net stocking and looking right at me (I thought)!  Somehow, I got a candy cane in my hand and a stocking filled with more candy.  I remember telling my dad that I didn't like the taste of peppermint, which is what the candy cane contained.  I also didn't like ribbon candy because of its wintergreen and minty flavors.  Before we left, I remember exhorting my dad, "Daddy, we need to get a stocking for Lizzie!!" And we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment